Gate City Charter School for the Arts is a public K-8 charter school located in Merrimack, NH. The school serves approximately 180 students and uses an arts-integrated philosophy in its curriculum design.
“The mission of the Gate City Charter School for the Arts is to use an arts-integrated curriculum to educate all interested students in grades K-8 to produce graduates who excel in both academics and the arts and have the knowledge, creativity, and inquisitive nature that foster a life-long love of learning.”
Seeking talent in the following positions:
Para-educator One on One Classroom
The job of Para-educator One on One Classroom is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
● Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and meeting IEP Goals.
● Administers tests, homework, makeup work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
● Assists and escorts students when necessary for the purpose of attending to the student's personal hygiene and care needs and arrival to/from destinations.
● Attends meetings and inservice presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
● Communicates with supervising instructional staff, and a variety of health care professionals, and professional support personnel for the purpose of communicating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
● Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, research based interventions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
● Intervenes in potential conflicts utilizing appropriate physical and/or therapeutic approaches for the purpose of diffusing confrontations and minimizing disruptions.
● Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
● Monitors student's daily schedule and behavior plan (e.g. class schedule, toileting, medication, appetite, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
● Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit pertaining to GCCSA.
● Provides, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to student in a variety of individual and group activities for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring student's success in school.
● Supervises individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
This position reports to the Director of Student Services email with interest to
Part-time Certified Math Teacher for Title 1, Grades 5-8
Qualifications: Licensed Certified Math Teacher.
Outstanding team skills
Expertise in the area of best practices for mathematics
Outstanding organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Performance Responsibilities: Screens students to establish proper math placement
Assists with the identification process for students who need additional math instruction for students in Grades 5-8. Provides individual and small group instruction for identified students (Response to Intervention)
Participates in student intervention team meetings
Confers with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction about the needs of the math instructional program.
Acts as a resource to regular classroom teachers in the areas of best practices
Supports teachers in the implementation of standards
Facilitates professional learning opportunities as directed by the Administration
Participates in professional learning workshops and conferences
Completes reports and paperwork as required
Collaborates with Title I project manager
Assists with the parent involvement program for the Title I program
Collaborates with other specialists and lead teachers in the school
Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as directed by the schools Directors
Email interest with resume:
Hours: part-time 12-16 hours per week
Substitute Teachers (On-going) 2019-2020
Substitute teaching with GCCSA may be the opportunity you're looking for!
When a teacher is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute teacher, you'll become an integral part of a school's educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students!
A substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
Perform other duties as directed by school administration